Intelligent Human Translation - How we offer a fast translation service at a low price.
At Straker we employ some pretty smart people. Over the past 8 years have developed the World's most advanced human translation platform, which enables us to offer low prices without any quality compromise, at incredible speeds. This article gives a quick overview of how the system works.
Originally our Transl8™ platform was developed with the aim of improving the number of words a translator could translate, but we found by making them go faster we could also lower the price and centralize the quality control process. Here are some of the benefits of the system:
- Significantly reducing your translation costs
- Reducing the time taken to complete a translation
- Allowing multiple translators to work in parallel
- Storing all translations for your further use
- Real time reporting of translations in progress
- Centralized quality control processes
- Making it easy to import and export files and data in any format
- Tracking changes on translations
- Tracking translator efficiency and quality
- Integrated customer portal to view and track all projects
- Allowing centralized glossaries, reserved words and terminologies
Reducing Translation Costs
Translation costs are a function of the turnaround time required, content type and domain (eg technical, legal etc), the volume of content and the language pair. With the Transl8™ platform translators work inside the Transl8™ Workbench, which is the world’s most advanced online translation editing platform. Using the Transl8™ Workbench translators can often go at double (or more) the speed of translators working with other tools, this increase in translation speed without any drop in quality means the base cost of the translation is lower.
Parallel and Collaborative Translations
Transl8™ also allows collaborative and parallel translations meaning multiple translators can work on the same project, at the same time. If you have a 60,000 word project that has to be completed in 48 hours then the system can assign 3 translators to work in parallel doing 20,000 words each.